On Saturday 22nd April 2023, a very enjoyable afternoon was spent with the brethren in the Redhall Lodge Room, Ballycarry, where we learned about the History of Freemasonry in the village of Ballycarry, from its origins under the Grand East of Ulster in 1808, when they worked under Warrant No.304, then joining The Grand Lodge of Ireland in 1814, when the Lodge was known as True Blue Lodge and worked under Warrant No.1014.
This Warrant was cancelled in 1895, and in 1898 a new Warrant No.260 was issued to Ballycarry, for a Lodge to be known as Redhall Lodge No.260, and this is the Lodge now celebrating its 125th Anniversary this year.
We were graced with the presence of R.W. Brother John Edens the current Provincial Deputy Grand Master of Antrim. Also present was R.W. Brother John Frazer, a past Provincial Assistant Grand Master of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Antrim. Both of these senior Brethren are keen supporters of the work carried out by The Irish Lodge of Research, in researching, recording and presenting our finding at Lodge gatherings around the Irish Constitution.
And we should not forget the generosity of our hosts in Redhall who provided tea and biscuits on arrival and a substantial buffet at the close of the meeting.
We were extremely well treated and delighted to have been able to play a small part in the Lodge celebrations of their 125th Anniversary.
Article by R.W. Brother Robert Bashford