Drew Cochrane was born in Dromona, near Ballymena. He recollects family life in the ‘Carry Row’ in the 1940’s – a vivid memoir of a strong community grappling with post-war austerity. Drew describes the shock of sudden loss of sight in his thirties, and the end of his career as a builder. After struggles with despair and depression, he recovered to become a dedicated volunteer with the Samaritans. Drew enjoyed success in a variety of sports, excelling in blind golf, and travelled the world to compete at top level in all five continents, bringing back many trophies.
Drew is a dedicated Mason and belongs to the following;
- Mother Lodge: Three Brothers M.L. No.775, Ballymena
- Antrim Lodge of Installed Masters No.218
- Three Brothers Royal Arch Chapter No.775
- The Thiepval Council of Knight Masons No.78, Broughshane
- Ahoghill Preceptory No.704
We wish him well with his book launch